Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Soulmates




















The hours go by, the days pass on, stretch into months, then years ...
The loss of Jim, my precious love, led me to lonely tears;
He'd understood my thoughts, you see, no need for words or fuss ...
We'd stood together 'gainst all harm ... nothing could sunder us.
The love we'd shared was special, no one would e'er replace,
At forty-four I faced life, tears coursing down my face.








Three years on I met a man who'd newly lost his wife
He couldn't function properly, no Edna in his life.
We liked each other well enough to walk on the same path
So, slowly, very carefully, we learned, once more, to laugh.
Fourteen years together as we travelled in our boat
A fun life on England's canals, a simple life afloat.








Then Kenneth died as well, you see ... he left me all alone
But this time, things were diff'rent for I'd found a 'spectral' phone.
I now walk into my future with my heart no longer sad
Inside my ear all those who've gone, including mum and dad.
They told me a new soulmate would come into my life
(I really didn't want to become, once more, a wife)







I soldiered on, found things to do, my life a busy scene

Glad to be of use to folk, no more a sad has-been.
Sometimes I'd think of soulmates, not relishing the thought:
My love for Jim I cherished ... for others, I'd have naught.
I didn't want to love again, not love the way I had ...
My heart was full of memories, thoughts of new love made me sad.








Well, NOW I've found that soulmate and the love we share is TRUE
Unequivocal acceptance exists between us two ...
No romance lies between us ... no kisses in the park
No rings and thoughts of marriage, nor wedding bells to hark.
She's my 'mother', I'm her 'daughter', I'm her 'uncle', she's my 'son'
Almost from the day we met, I've known she is 'The One'

We've been together many times and yet we've never met ...
So many lives we've shared before ... with more to come, I'll bet ...
We're chips of the one part, you see, for, just like Jim, she's "ME"
Our Earthly distance matters not: I'm in her heart, you see.
She's over there in Canada ... an ocean separates
But nothing can destroy this love, for we are true soulmates.










2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU PAT!!!!
    I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, my dear .. you enrich my life ... the time we spend together, online ... not talking ... knowing the other will answer if one speaks are so very reassuring.

      Delete